I love scandinavian gravlax salmon… I prepared one for Christmas, with its sweet sauce, is was delicious and rather simple to make !
Ingredients (for 8 /10 people)
– 1kg of fresh salmon fillet
– 1 large bunch of dill
– 8 tablespoons of salt
– 5 tablespoons brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons of black pepper (I also added Szechuan pepper )
– 2 tablespoons pink peppercorns
For the sauce
– 2 tablespoons of mustard
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– fresh dill
– olive oil
- Spread the salmon under cold water and dry. Remove fishbones if any.
- Mix salt, sugar, pepper, berries, and dill. Cover the salmon with this mixture, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- Place the salmon 3 to 6 days in the refrigerator. Take it out, rinse and dry well.
- Cut into slices and serve with fresh dill, and potatoes.
- For gravlax sauce, mix the honey, mustard and vinegar. Whisk it, then add slowly the olive oil until the sauce thickens. Add the chopped dill, salt and pepper.