How can you make a dessert for guests who are allergic to dairy products? I know a few tricks because I was allergic to milk … You can use milk alternatives such as soy milk whose taste disappears when cooked, almond milk (very fragrant), rice milk, oat milk (rich in fiber), and of course coconut milk. I do not like cooking desserts because I hate to follow recipes to the letter, but I improvised this panna cotta without knowing what it was going to end up tasting like, and it turns out it was delicious. What is nice is that we really feel like we’re eating dairy creamy while it does not contain any!
The Ingredients (for 6 large glasses)
– 650 ml of coconut milk
– 10 passion fruits
– 3 sheets of gelatin
– 1 tbsp cornstarch
– 1 orange
– 100g sugar
– 1 vanilla pod
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water.
- Heat the coconut milk and 50g sugar. Cut the vanilla bean into two and scrape it into the milk. Once it begins to boil, turn off the heat, add the drained gelatine and stir.
- Pour the mixture into glasses, once they’re cool, refrigerate for several hours (or freezer if you’re in a hurry).
- Cut the passion fruits in two, get the seeds and juice in a saucepan. Add the orange juice, the remaining 50g sugar and bring to boil.
- Add the cornflour mixed with water and stir.
- Once the pannacotta is firm, place the fruit coulis over and put in refrigerator for another hour.