– 4 organic oranges
– 300 g of sugar (1 and 1/2 cup)
– 300 ml of water
– 100 g of dark chocolate
– 20 g of butter (2 tbsp)
- Put the oranges into a big bowl with water, for about an hour.
- Cut the oranges into 3 or 4mm slices.
- Bring to boil the water with sugar, in a large pan or casserole.
- When the sugar has melted, dip the oranges into the sirup.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stop the heat and wait the sirup to cool off. Then repeat steps 5 and 6 several times until the oranges have become translucid and crystallized.
- Strain them on absorbent paper to take the maximum of sirup out.
- Place them on greaseproof paper and bake them at 100°C (T. 3/4) until they are dried.
- Melt your chocolate with butter in a bain-marie, and dip the oranges half way. Let them cool off in the fridge (on greaseproof paper) for a few hours before eating them. Enjoy!