The citron is a large fragrant citrus fruit with a thick rind. It is found in Italy and Corsica.
- 500g of organic citron
- 500g of sugar
This recipe should be ideally made over 3 days – although I must admit I did it in one day…
- Cut the citrons into quarters then remove the seeds and the pulp to keep only the skin. Cut them into long sticks.
- Blanch them for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Weigh them, then prepare a syrup with water and the same weight of sugar.
- Dip the citrons in the syrup and let them simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the citrons, and let the syrup reduce for another 10 minutes over low heat.
- Once the syrup has cooled, place the citrons in overnight.
- The next day, cook again for 20 minutes the citrons in the syrup, drain, then repeat the same operation 2 days in a row.
- The last time, reduce the syrup as much as possible (without it becoming a caramel!)
- Sprinkle the citrons with the remaining syrup and let them dry.
- Melt some dark chocolate and dip them in (half or full).
me on the Amalfi Coast with citrons ^ _ ^
bonjour – combien d’eau vous mettez pour faire le sirop?
Bonjour Marine, il faut la même quantité que de sucre :-)