Dandelions… I love it because it really reminds me of my childhood, when I was picking them in the wild and we were eating this salad – extremely simple – just getting back from our ballad. Also known as dog lettuce, dandelion can be harvested all year if cooked (cake, soup, …), and after the winter (January-April) to be eaten raw in salads. The flowers which bloom from April to September are also edible, they can be prepared into an omelette or in desserts, in a jam or honey dandelion called cramaillotte. And finally, the roots are used to make a drink that tastes like chicory. You can also make a tea with the leaves, highly diuretic, which removes toxins and acts on cellulite! The advantages of this wild plant are lot of vitamins, proteins and minerals.
The bowl comes from the lovely collection Arborescence from Revol brand. The prints of woodcuts in the ceramic reminded me of those woodland walks… I’ll introduce you to other products of this brand very soon!
– 750g dandelions
– 200g bacon
– dried bread
– hazelnut oil
– 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
– 1 teaspoon mustard
1. Wash vigorously the salad, cut the roots.
2. Grill the bacon and your bread croutons.
3. Mix the mustard with balsamic vinegar, then add slowly the hazelnut oil. Mix well .
4. You can also add a poached egg and some roasted nuts on top.