Well, this is not the perfect madeleine yet, but it’s not too bad for a first time. It’s crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
The Ingredients (for about thirty madeleines)
– 3 eggs
– 140 g sugar
– 200 g flour
– 2 tbs almond essence
– 8 g baking powder
– 100 g butter
– 50 g milk
– optional: 2 organic lemons
– 2 tbs honey
- Melt the butter in a casserole.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar until it whitens. Add the essence and milk.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and the butter (plus the lemon juice and zest in option). Let it rest.
- Butter the molds and pour the paste at half-height.
- Bake at 240°C (T8) for 5 minutes, then at 190°C (T6) for 10 min. The perfect shape of the hump “my hump my hump my hump, check it out” – is obtained by this change of temperature.