Native from China but very popular in Japan, this salad is simply called “Mushi-nasu no goma-abura-shoyu”, and can be eaten hot or cold.
– 2 eggplants (organic is better!)
– 4 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1.5 tablespoons rice vinegar
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– a little bit of chopped garlic
– a piece of finely chopped ginger
– you can also add some raw chopped leek
1. Cut the eggplants lengthwise into 6 pieces and remove the ends. Incise slightly the skin.
2. Steam them for about 10 minutes. Once cooked, cut them into pieces.
3. In a bowl, mix the ingredients to make the sauce, then add the eggplant and stir.