As we are right in the season of rhubarb – I love it – I told myself that I wanted to try something else than my usual pie, and associate it with chocolate. The chocolate cake itself was inspired by a recipe by Christophe Felder, and I loved the marriage with the acidity of the fruit. This cake in addition to being delicious has the advantage of being without butter. Furthermore, I used soy cream but of course you can replace it with normal cream.
– 3 stalks of rhubarb
– 4 eggs
– 125g of 60% chocolate
– 10 cl soy cream
– 1 tbsp flour
– 50g ground almonds
– 80g sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 ℃.
- Melt the chocolate and cream in a saucepan.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, flour and almonds with the melted chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar.
- Add them to the mixture.
- Clean the rhubarb, cut into cubes and place it in a round pan. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top of it and bake for about 30 minutes.