Here a delicious recipe from Bob’s Kitchen book, which I received as an avant-première for my birthday this summer. I thought I’d have trouble finding the buttermilk (not as usual as in the United States), but in fact I found it in the supermarket in the fridge near the yoghourts.
The Dry Ingredients (the mesures in cup are approximative…)
– 340g (2,5 cup) flour or half-wheat flour
– 3 teaspoon baking powder
– 150g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ginger
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
The Liquid Ingredients
– 80ml buttermilk
– 120ml sunflower oil (2,6 oz)
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 400g (0.8 lb) fresh crushed pumpkin (if it’s too hard, bake it for 45 min at 180℃ with the skin downside)
– 100g (0.2 lb) cream cheese
- Preheat your oven at 210℃ (T7).
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the buttermilk with the oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine the 2 preparations and add the pumpkin wihthout mixing too much.
- Fill the muffins molds at half height, put some cream cheese in, then put some paste again.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until they’re nice and ferm.